about tattoo artists …
- Every savage little bastard 16yo and upwards wanting to join the industry and start by tattooing friends/other rare specimens, sure you want to learn? how about learning to draw first assholes.
- It’s become fashion accessorie/statement, i don’t exactly have a problem with that but alot of new artists appearing drag this bullshit hybrid americana hipster image with them and then that drags all these unthoughtful “i need a tattoo right now” guttertrash fanbase with them, it leads to some having original style and alot of new custom works but its grown to the point where nothing is original or sacred anymore.
- Celebrity status “fuck yeah im a tattooist” la ink, miami ink,london ink, whatever the fuck ink, dragging a generation of degenerates to get tattoos, why is tattooing still overshadowed? cause its trashy as fuck when portrayed on shitty tv shows.
- Besides Horiyoshi III i don’t feel alot of artists from the asian region get much international recognition, and even when there is a section on Horiyoshi III, he’s never got a page spread, its always the back of the magazine, while cuntrags like kat von d are always on the cover. Sure they are all over the internet facebook and twitter but alot of people still read magazines, and its always some “wheres wally” looking hipster artist with the same old crying teacup tattoo artstyle that gets articles.
- koi fish or other Japanese traditional as a one piece THEN someones gone and slapped a tribal right through it thinking its a good idea.